Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My wayfaring mind.

My mind traversing through the memory lane.
Took a u-turn to my childhood days,
Reached a little girl who sat beside a window watching the constant heavy rain.

I got to see the yellow butterflies again
Followed by the girl to catch them but her efforts repeatedly went in vain.

After a long time,
I took a ride on my father's back again,
Singing aloud my favorite nursery rhyme.
Once more I sat on his scooter's front seat
And I loved to watch "Alif-Laila" sitting on his lap--as how much I can regain.

Those sweet memories flash in front of my eyes,
Soothing my disconcerted mind, making it feel the enchantment.
I sailed through the memories of past and present.
Entering through the memory dent.

My childhood memories wrapped in a piece of silk.
Opens up as soon as I stare at it.
And all over again I met that girl, revisiting her precious world.
Which fetched me countless reasons to smile.
And secretly she peeks at me from the memory pile.

3 comments:

  1. A budding poetess indeed.
    Bhalo baschi,Bernashree.
    Kudos.
    Keep enlightening us with your blogs.
    Please follow mine too.=D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amio bhalo baschi unknown traveller ke... :)
    thanks for ur encouragement...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exquisite poem!! Loved the imagery. Very imaginative. Keep it up!!

    Love, hug, kiss,
    ~Barnali

    ReplyDelete